Design, create & make
“The beauty of flowers is for all to enjoy, admire and feel’
Delivered by local Bacchus Marsh florist Mel Martin of Bacchus Blooms by Mel, this introduction to floristry course is for those without prior experience in caring for and arranging flowers. It is also well suited to those wanting to refresh the skills they gained from some prior experience.
You will gain new knowledge and skills in each class, building a firm foundation and pathway to Nationally Recognised Qualifications or meaningful employment you might like to pursue.
At the conclusion of each of the five sessions, you will take home a stunning arrangement of flowers you have created yourself.
Day: Call the office to express your interest for 2021
Time: 6.00pm to 9.30pm
Fee: $120 for eligible participants (Fee includes tuition, resources, flowers and accessories)
This course includes:
- Arranging flowers for any occasion
- Wiring and taping techniques
- Preparation and care of flowers and foliage
- Flower identification
- Placing flowers appropriately within the arrangement
- Storage needs of specific cut flowers
- Use and maintenance of floristry tools
- Ribbon and wrapping techniques
- Employment options and pathways into the floristry/retail industry