This course is delivered under the guidelines of the Community Services Training Package. The qualification may be used as a pathway into Community Services work and may apply to several industry fields such as: Individual Support (Aged Care), Early Childhood Education and Care, Youth Work, Drug and Alcohol or Disability Work. This is an exciting course delivered by experienced industry experts in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Commences: 24th February 2021 Day: Tuesdays Time: 9am-3pm
- Attend all compulsory face-to-face classes
- Complete out of class work – average of 3 to 5 hours per week of self-paced learning including completion of assessments. Assessment methods include: case studies, role plays, written and practical assessments, observation and class participation
Nationally Recognised Training at Laurels Education and Training is delivered with funding made available by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments.
Units of Competency
CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services Units
- CHCCOM001 Provide first point of contact
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- CHCCDE003 Work within a community development framework
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- BSBWOR201 Manage personal stress in the workplace
- BSBLED101 Plan skills development
The course is designed for people who want to enter the Community Services industry and provides career opportunities in a range of services such as Individual Support, Early Childhood Education and Care, Youth Work and Drug and Alcohol Services.